I has it.
USAA is an insurance and banking institution that serves military service personnel, veterans and their dependents. I have auto and renter’s insurance with them. Their fees are reasonable and their service is the finest I’ve received from any financial institution, period.
Last year I moved from Wachovia to their free checking account, and I LOVE EET. Here is why:
– No fees (no monthly, annual, service or ATM fees. Nada.)
– They refund up to $15 per month of any other bank’s ATM fees (so you can use the ATM at Six Flags and laugh at their fee. LAUGH I SAY.)
– If you have a scanner and Internet access at home, you can deposit checks online. (You can also deposit checks by mail or at various UPS store locations.)
– Free checks
– Earn interest on balances over $1000
– Free overdraft protection options
– Very slick and user-friendly web interface for paying bills, transferring funds, etc.
I was all smug and self-satisfied and then I found out ANYONE CAN HAVE ONE OF THESE!
You can have a USAA free checking account right now now now now!
Is your bank about to start throwing monthly fees at you?
Are you disappointed by your bank’s practices and want to hit it on the nose with a rolled-up newspaper? *
Try USAA! IT FRIPPIN’ RULES.
That is all.
* toryhoke.com does not condone hitting anyone or anything on the nose with a rolled-up newspaper unless it is a bug and then only if it is a gross bug or a spider you put out of your shower twice already.