Random Thoughts: Nerd Edition
I was going to start a discourse on human interaction, and how, when humans are capable of bringing each other such discomfort, we can interact in ways free of fearing it, and when humans are capable of bringing each other such comfort, we can interact in ways free of seeking it.
But instead I want to talk nerd.
- Nerdsplosion: When, while playing Munchkin Quest, you start a discussion about whether Sam HAD to go to the Grey Havens, or whether one could just expect that he WOULD.
I totally weeped.
- A short list of things that, for various reasons, no one will mess with you while you are carrying:
- A bag of dog poo
- A stuffed stegosaurus
- A portrait of Mary, mother of Jesus
- A clipboard
- A hammer
- Superjail!: Do not watch it. Ever. Lest you be exposed to the knife-edge boundary between the compelling and the disturbing, and have your inner child broken for a week.
- Arguing: Some people do it for fun. This may seem negative and troubling, but it can be a social exercise that leads to a statement like “Of course you wouldn’t drop a baby like a marshmallow. It wouldn’t fit.”
Which is to say, it cannot be done.
List of things that no one will mess with you while carrying may be a corollary to the theory posited by Douglas Coupland re: Carrying a large knife without looking crazy.