Random Thoughts — LA and iTunes Edition
- I wonder if Kiera Knightley ever gets tired of making that face. You know — like she’s smug? But about to whistle.
- “Quantum of Solace,” as a film title, offends me personally. It sounds like Fiona Apple lyrics.
- David Cook sounds like a cross between Mike Patton and the guy from Creed. Yes, I downloaded his latest single. And David Archuleta’s. And I like them. DO NOT JUDGE ME. If lovin’ Jordin Sparks is wrong, I don’t wanna be right.
- The bridge of Christina Aguilera’s “Keeps Gettin’ Better”? Total cameo by Helper Bot. What is up with that? Can the Helper Bot effect be the square-wave of this decade? No, because…
- Square wave is still in effect, as on Kanye West’s “Love Lockdown.” Which rocks me PLAIN SOCKLESS.
- Britney Spears’ “Womanizer” is like if you mated the verse of The Turtles’ “Happy Together” with a complete lack of rhyming. In the hands of, say, Ludacris, you would get fifty infectious giggly “womanizer”-based rhymes. Alas, as it is you have this:
Womanizer, woman, womanizer, you’re a womanizer
Oh, womanizer, oh, you’re a womanizer, baby
You, you, you are, you, you, you, are
Womanizer, womanizer, womanizer, womanizer
- After a long work week, nothing props you up for punkin carving like sugar-free Red Bull and Seagram’s 7. Ah, I am a classy lassie.