Bacon S`Mores!

So I`m sitting here in the computer lab with my eyes full of tears because I just posted about “Man and Dog.” Lemme take a big break from this and talk about something that makes both men and dogs happy: bacon.

I worked up a snack that is my new favorite and illustrates why I`m a bad vegetarian. You take two window-pane pretzels and you stick a piece of crispy turkey bacon between `em. Then you dip it in sour cream. Then you eat it and try not to pass out from delight.

This joins my great snacking pantheon alongside the Granny Smith apple dip a friend who cooks better than me taught me how to make — cream cheese, brown sugar & just a little vanilla. Ah.

What else is good and freaky hella easy to make? I like to learn because I have lots of rowdy college kids to feed.

No Responses

1. Sanguinity says:

Oh, I did not — NOT — need to know about this! Re vegetarianism and bacon, though — most of the vegetarians I`ve met (including myself) never quite swore off of bacon. It was that one last indulgence…

2. KiraMarie says:

So to go with your pretzel theme, you take a pretzel, warm up a rolo to where it is soft, and then press an almond on top of that, creating this wonderful chocolate-y, salty goodness. Make a plate of those, and they`ll be gone in minutes.

3. Alena says:

Bubble magnets are good and freaky hella easy to make. But I`m not sure you can eat them.

4. Shawn says:

Sour cream makes everything good … Mushrooms, beef, sour cream … mmm … 3 minute stroganoff … roasted red peppers, sour cream, blend … makes great dip, or pour it over dinner

5. Incog Neato says:

So, ok………you take a slice of Ham(those el cheapo packs of thin sliced work quite well) , then you spread cream cheese on it……..then you roll it around a dill pickle spear. Not only is it great slacker food……when sliced into individual bite-sized pieces, all you have to do is add them there fancy toothpicks and you have Poor White Appetizers(hors`d`vours is just too hard to spell)!! That is my salty treat. My sweet treat is mad simple as well. It is basically a modern version of GORP. Buy a bag of Craisins(MUCH better than Raisins), a pounder of M&M`s, and a jar of Roasted Peanuts. MIx together and try not eat all at once! Enjoy!

6. Alena says:

Take salsa, add Velveeta, heat in microwave until faux cheese is `melted`, stir, and you have a disgustingly delicious dip for tortilla chips. Alternately, you can dip tortilla chips in salsa and sour cream — nummy. Stoned wheat crackers and cream cheese are reeeeeealllly good, plus you can always garnish it with an additional something you like (piece of tomato or whatever). You could attempt to go all classy cuisine and roll some pieces of cantaloupe in thinly sliced ham and call it ghetto prosciutto e melone.

7. Incog Neato says:

Instead of salsa…..you can use Ro-Tel canned chillies and tomatos…….it is cheaper and just as YUMMY!! You can find it on the canned tomatoes aisle.

8. Carolyn says:

Can of chili heated in micro with slab of cream cheese =dip!

9. Anonymous says:

What`s a windowpane pretzel?

10. Kay says:

I LOVE peanut butter and brown sugar sandwiches. Thin coat each slice of bread with PB, pile on brown sugar and pinch the edges. A friend`s mom used to make them for her for her school lunches (her teachers must have HATED those days). I`m also all about sprinkling grated cheese on a hot, non-stick pan til it gets crispy. The ultimate cheese crisp. And for dessert: my white trash chocolate mousse – cool whip mixed with hot cocoa mix. If you want to go upscale, use Ghiradelli ground chocolate. Something tells me these next four years are gonna be filled with comfort food.