See This is The End if you like things that are good
You should see This is The End. It’s an instant comedy classic. As fleet as Pineapple Express. As raunchy as Tropic Thunder. As comfy as Undeclared, with heart, just for funsies.
It won’t warrant the nerd rage or script criticism (thanks, J) of Man of Steel, but it deserves your eyeballs ten times more.
No spoilers ahead.
- Does this movie break the record for TTAL (Time to Audible Laughter)? The theater I saw it in was laughing pretty steady in the very second scene. The comedy sciences were in full effect: many jokes on many levels, dumb and smart and self-deprecating, derived from the characters, delivered at top speed.
- How are the VFX and practical FX (so much fire!) so Grade A and plentiful on a $32 million budget? Did the cast all work for sandwiches? Is Montreal’s Modus FX bruised from all the back-slaps, or do they need twenty naps?
- Why haven’t you seen “Your Highness”? Because it is pretty worthy.
- Why do I feel hometown affinity for Danny McBride? He graduated from [U]NCSA long before I did, and if I tried to holler “Fighting Pickles” at him across a bar, I would surely be indulging in the flimsiest granfalloon. Yet I persist in mentioning the association despite the fact I know nobody cares. Case in point.
- Can we have more movies like this? Please go see it so we can.