Mystery Shoe Inserts

I can’t seem to find information about these on Google, so I am performing a people search.

If I find them I will buy a million.

Overhead view

Long version:

At It’s a Wrap — a store that sells clothing and accessories used in shows — I picked up a pair of totally sweet boots. I pulled out the paper stuffed in one (to keep its shape) and some packet of stuff stuck on the sole where the toes would go, and I assumed the packet was desiccant, so I pulled it out. It looked just like desiccant — a white paper-cloth packet, full of gritty stuff, but in a half-circle shape. No brand name. No markings of any kind. So. Boom. Threw it away.

The boots were totally sweet and cheap, so I bought them. Then, when I got home, I tried them both on. Then I noticed the OTHER shoe had the same packet stuck under the toes, and that it felt FANTASTIC. It made my foot secure in the boot. You know how you wear heels with enough toe-room, and your feet slide forward and squish the toes anyway? These propped my whole foot back so I had wiggle room. TOES UNSQUISHED.

What were they? Are they toe warmers? Toe stops? Totally unrelated things repurposed for shoes? Things specially made by an incredibly smart wardrobe department?


If I can’t find them to buy them, I will make them. Because they were brilliant.

Please advise.


Draws. Sweats. Eats too much sugar-free candy.

You may also like...

5 Responses

  1. Tory says:

    Ha ha ha — Dear Everyone I Know: SOLVE MY PROBLEMS.

  2. Alex says:

    For future reference, this kind of post traditionally leads with “Dear Lazyweb.” 🙂

  3. Sarah says:

    These aren’t them. But I’m wondering if you turned them and put them under your toes they wouldn’t do sort of the same thing? They have something on the same site called Tip Toes, but they look nothing like you described, and I can’t figure out how they supposedly stop toe scrunch.

%d bloggers like this: